
I don't know much about this, but I found some information on conservation in Iraq. Anyone with ideas on this, please respond!
A Connecticut National Guard Sergeant and bird-watcher by the name of Jonathan Trouern-Trend was able to photograph and study birds while he was stationed near Baghdad. His sightings were posted on the blog Birding Babylon. He also published a book with the same title. If anyone has read this book please feel free to comment. I hope to read it in the near future.
Jonathan Trouern-Trend (according to the online information I found) is hoping that people will have ideas and put them on the website Iraq Fauna. He feels the Iraqi scientific community has been isolated and we should pull them into the world community.
I am going to continue searching for information on birding and conservation in Iraq and what we can do to help.
Check out the Birding Babylon when you get a chance, it is pretty cool.
I understand that there are very strong views on the war in Iraq, but I wish that readers only respond with birding and conservation issues and not personal political opinions. I will do the same in return. This blog promotes the idea that you can conserve and protect without wasting time and money on big political battles.
No comments:
Post a Comment